Sheet masks are quickly becoming a skin care staple worldwide. It’s no surprise that people are addicted to how their skin looks and feels immediately after a sheet mask session. In Korea, women are known to use them daily!
These thin facial sheets, usually made out of hydrogel or microfiber, are infused with a variety of essences and vitamins that will intensely hydrate, brighten, and even reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Sheet masks are unique in that they allow your skin to absorb the essences and lock in the moisture. After a relaxing 20 minute session, your skin will feel more elastic and hydrated and will look bright and dewy!
Watch the Soko Glam video above or read our handy guide below if you want to incorporate sheet masks into your skincare regimen.
How to sheet mask–the right way
1. Cleanse your skin.
2. Apply toner. (Toner deep cleanses your skin and preps your skin to absorb the next step. If you don’t own toner, don’t worry – your skin will still reap the benefits of the face mask).
3. Tear open the pouch at the top and pull out the mask. Be mindful of how soaked the mask will be and have a towel handy to wipe up the drips.
4. Unfold the mask and place it on your face, aligning the holes with your eyes, nose and mouth.
5. Use the excess essence in the pouch and the mask to apply on your neck, shoulders and hands. Those essences are good for your skin so don’t let any go to waste!
6. Take a power nap, read a book or just zone out for about 20-30 minutes with the mask. It’s up to you if you want to go longer or shorter.
7. When you are ready, just peel off the mask and discard. Look at your skin in the mirror. It should look brighter and slightly more plump due to the moisture it just absorbed. Also, touch your skin. It should feel velvety smooth.
8. There is no reason for you to wash off the essences because it is good for your skin! You can either fall asleep knowing you gave your skin a real treat or if you are heading out for the day, remember to add a layer of sun protection.